“Is to flood the internet and the media with images and stories of real women, enhancing the positive image of women which, in turn will enhance each woman’s image of themselves, helping them to change the world one woman at a time.”
I created this forum in June 2011 to encourage discussion around self-esteem for women, and since then the focus has expanded and solidified. It will discuss general issues of women’s equality and a woman’s place in the world. It will promote health and well-being and push the boundaries of change for women. The emphasis for Changing Women is on the positive, always striving to explore positive strategies for change rather than focusing on the negative aspects of inequality.
Main Objectives of this Forum are;
- To flood the internet with positive images and stories of real Changing Women by encouraging women to register and contribute their own stories and photos to the site;
- To interview as many “Women of Change” as possible so that we further flood the internet with positive stories of real women, creating many positive role models for women and girls;
- To collect the stories of older women that demonstrate the progress of previous women’s movements – stories of the past told by the women themselves;
- To promote realistic design paradigms for women’s fashion by working with designers to recognise the Changing Woman’s body. Enabling comfortable stylish clothes for women will help more women to “Embrace their Shape” and to live free of the pressure of the fashion industry and media. Let us change the model of what it is to look like a woman!
- To discuss the many issues of body image, and to highlight issues of behaviour and inequality that effect self-esteem.
- To work collaboratively in developing positive solutions for change across corporate, industry and government so we see a greater number of female leaders take their places as decision makers.
It is important to note that this forum is not restricted to Women – anyone is welcome to join.
JOIN ME AND SUBSCRIBE TODAY!